Okay, so it’s not really mandatory to do this, but I can’t help but want to share all the things I’m grateful for as we approach Thanksgiving Day.
I have to start with my family. Because, pretty much my life begins and ends with them. From their smiles to their crazy-making messes, they are the people who keep me engaged and moving forward. And I’m super thankful for all the color and good humor they bring to what would otherwise be a dull life.
I’m thankful for Skype which keeps me connected to my son, Adam and daughter-in-law, Alysha who live (way too far from us) in Alexandria, Virginia. The best part is that I can play peek-a-boo with 2 year old Asher, who delights us in every way.
Of course, my newest grandson, Sebastian (Bash) is the apple of my eye and the joy of my existence right now. I am beyond blessed that I get to see him practically every day because he and Amy live only 5 minutes away. He has a sweet smile that wrinkles all of his face and makes us all sigh with total joy.
Also, when you can get a baby to smile at you, it feels like you have a superpower. Am I right?
The rest of the things I can add to a bulleted list to be blogged about (in much detail) on another day.
- My Mom. My indomitable mother, Luza who is 102 years old and still going strong.
- My home. Always full of people and food and lots of love.
- My espresso machine. Because Cuban.
- My Big, Fat, Cuban Family. The extended version. They add the spice to the sofrito of my life.
- My friends. The dearest, most faithful friends whose lives enrich mine in countless ways.
- My readers. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention all those of you who keep reading about my extraordinarily ordinary life and sharing my recipes and laughing at my misadventures.
As we start into the holiday season and in particular this day set aside for giving thanks, I have a heart full of gratitude and love and even if it wasn’t mandatory, it really is the perfect time to express my gratitude.
I’m also super grateful for my customers to my online shop, Marta Darby Designs. With that in mind, I’ve got a very special Thanksgiving offer. From now until December 5th, use the Coupon Code GIVETHANKS20 to get 20% off on your Poster order or Canvas order. I have my classic Cuban Food Poster, of course, but I’ve also added lots of new food posters to my shop. Go take a look!