One of the benefits of living my life so publicly on the blogosphere is that I get to meet some amazing people online. (Yes, I know how it sounds, but believe me, the folks I meet through My Big, Fat, Cuban Family are wonderful!)
Maria Soto Robbins is one of those. Here is her blog. We had been friends on Facebook and she has been a faithful reader of MBFCF, so it was a wonderful treat for us to get to meet her in person at Cuba Nostalgia in Miami this year.
Amy, Maria, & Me. Cuba Nostalgia. Miami 2010.
- She's Cuban.
- She's an incredible artist.
- Do you need to know anything else? 😉
So back in September when I gave away the RED Betty Crocker Cookbook, Maria happened to be the winner, and it occurred to me that MBFCF readers would flip over her work……and you will…..so I asked….. (Shameless. I know. Shut up.)
Maria has a fabulous ETSY shop in which she sells her paintings and then she also has miniatures of her paintings made into pendants.
Jewelry, people! Beautiful, colorful, goes-with-anything, jewelry.
Amy Kikita, Lucy, and I went nuts when we received these.
Maria sent a pendant to each one of us! I would get a photo of the ones the girls received, but I can't because they're both wearing theirs as we speak. In fact, they have been wearing them daily since we got this incredible care package, but that's not important right now.
Lucy's is the Sunflower and Amy's is the Miami Beach one, but that's not important right now, either. It's on an adjustable cord with a clasp so you can wear it as a choker or as a pendant (my personal preference).
Maria has graciously offered to give away one of these gorgeous and beautifully-made pendants to a lucky MBFCF reader. Here's how to enter:
- Go to her ETSY shop, Art by MSR then come back here and leave a comment on this post, telling me which one of her paintings is your favorite. (You will have multiple loves, so it's okay to share that.)
- If you'd like to be entered more than once into the giveaway, (Yes! More than one entry!) and you're on Facebook, please go request Maria as a friend. Here's the link: Maria Soto Robbins.
- Then come back here and tell me you sent her a friend request. (That way, you can see what she's up to and won't miss any of her cool offerings, plus you get two chances to win the pendant.)
I'll be choosing a winner on Monday, November 8th, 2010 at 11 AM Pacific Time.
I'm wearing my pendant today. In fact, I already named it My Lucky Hibiscus. Did I mention it was RED?? 😉