I remember being about 5 years old when I really took notice that my family brewed coffee a dozen times a day. It was almost a Sacred Ritual. This also happened, I took note, in every single Cuban home I had ever entered.
The daily brewing of the perfect Cuban cafecito is something that happens repeatedly throughout the day in Cuban households and ventanitas everywhere ("little windows" - these are mostly found in Miami, but that's not important right now).
I think one of my very first sensory memories has to do with the fragrance of a beautifully brewed, hot, sweet espresso. The aroma is something that evokes warmth and family and men in guayaberas and women in crisp aprons and lots of loud talking. The smell of home.
A few weeks ago I announced that My Big, Fat, Cuban Family had partnered with Gaviña Gourmet Coffee. I'm so pleased that they are my newest sponsor.
In light of this wonderful parnership, I think we need to celebrate, don't you?
And what better way to celebrate than to do a giveaway of a Basket of Coffee Awesomeness from Gaviña? Can I just tell you that my morning cafecito tastes sooo much better when drunk from one of these adorable Cafe La Llave tacitas. It does. I promise.
The Cafe La Llave Cuban Coffee Basket consists of the following:
- 2- 10oz. Cafe La Llave espresso bricks
- 1- 8.8oz. Cafe La Llave decaf. espresso brick
- 4- 1.75oz. Cafe La Llave espresso samples
- 4- "tacitas" - demitasse cups and saucers
1) To enter this drawing for this beautiful Cafe La Llave Cuban Coffee Basket, please leave a comment on this post and answer one or both of the following questions:
- Do you remember the first time you had a perfectly brewed espresso?
- Or is this a taste you acquired later in life? Tell me.
Please leave your comment on this post and I'll choose a winner on Friday, March 28th, 2014 at 11am PST.
2) For an extra entry, please go "like" Cafe La Llave on Facebook and come back and leave me another comment telling me:
- "I like Cafe La Llave!"
So that's not one, but two entries. De nada.
If you want even more coffee awesomeness, please click on the sponsored La Llave Coffee link to the right and be sure to enter Cuban20 at checkout for 20% off Cafe La Llave.
Also, please let them know that Marta from My Big, Fat, Cuban Family sent you. It doesn't make any difference to how I choose the winner. I just want them to know you are reading about it here, but that's not important right now.