You know those people you meet online and instantly hit it off with? That’s what happened when I had my first phone conversation with the lovely Ana “Don’t Hate Me Because I’m Beautiful” Quincoces. (That’s just what I call her, but that’s not important right now.)
This was many years ago before she was a Food Network Star and the darling of the online culinary world. She was writing a cookbook called Sabor: A Passion For Cuban Cuisine and had stumbled onto my blog and a recipe for Guava and Cheese Stuffed Torrejas.
She called to ask if:
- It was my original recipe? It was.
- Could she include it in her book? Of course.
We talked for well over an hour that day and became instant long distance cyber-friends, the way it happens with Cuban women who have everything to talk about.
I contacted her a few months ago: “Oye. I’d like to do a giveaway on my blog featuring your products.” I barely finished that statement when she replied, “Anything for you. I’ll ship some stuff out tomorrow.”
That, people, is what friends are for. I love Ana so much. She’s smart and funny and oh-so down to earth. And also, generous. Which brings me to what we’re doing today.
Ana is also the creator of the most delicious line of sauces and marinades called, “Skinny Latina.”
Today, thanks to Ana’s generosity, I have some goodies for this week’s giveaway:
- An autographed copy of Ana’s cookbook, Sabor: A Passion for Cuban Cuisine. (My Torrejas Recipe, by the way, is found on page 204 of her book, but that’s not important right now, either.)
- Three bottles of her Skinny Latina Marinade.
- Some seriously cute Skinny Latina pot holders.
- A copy of My Big, Fat, Cuban Family Cookbook. (Because, Christmas!)
To enter the giveaway, please leave a comment on THIS POST and answer the following question:
- What’s your favorite Cuban dish to cook?
I’ll be choosing a winner on Saturday, December 17th, 2016. You have until then to enter.
Congratulations to the winner, Cristy Rodriguez:
As soon as I receive your physical address, I will ship out these goodies to you. Yay! Merry Christmas!