- At least 1 dozen stale glazed doughnuts (Krispy Kremes are my first choice)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of nutmeg (careful with this – you want just a tiny hint of flavor)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
3) Cut each doughnut into about 6 pieces and place in the greased dish.
4) In a medium bowl, whisk together all the other ingredients – eggs, milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
7) Place baking dish in oven and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Pour over chocolate chips. Let sit 15 seconds to melt chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over bread pudding.
Enjoy. Buen Provecho!