Krispy Kreme Doughnut Bread Pudding With Chocolate Sauce
- At least 1 dozen stale glazed doughnuts (Krispy Kremes are my first choice)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of nutmeg (careful with this – you want just a tiny hint of flavor)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
3) Cut each doughnut into about 6 pieces and place in the greased dish.
4) In a medium bowl, whisk together all the other ingredients – eggs, milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
5) Pour mixture over doughnuts.
6) Press doughnuts down into the liquid. Make sure they are all moistened. Let sit 10 minutes.
7) Place baking dish in oven and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Pour over chocolate chips. Let sit 15 seconds to melt chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over bread pudding.