My people are Cereal Lovers. I’m guessing this is the case in most households. And yes, I know I’m a food blogger, but the truth is that good, old fashioned cereal is a Big Deal in our home. It’s not unusual for my family – Jonathan especially – to grab a bowl of cereal to start his day. And his afternoon. And as a late night thing. I sometimes want to call him and Eric, ‘Crispy and Crunchy,’ since these are their favorite snack requirements, but that’s not important right now.
We are no strangers to cereal, obviously. And we already happen to love Honey Bunches of Oats.
So I was delighted to try out the new Post Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate. Not just because we are Cereal Lovers, but because CHOCOLATE. And obviously these met the whole ‘Crispy and Crunchy’ criteria.
I wanted to give an honest review, so I handed the box of Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate to Jonathan and said, “Let me know what you think. You’re welcome.”
It wasn’t long before I found Jonathan at the breakfast table making all kinds of yummy sounds. So I can say with great assurance, they’re great with milk.
JON DARBY HAVING POST HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS CHOCOLATE CEREAL FOR BREAKFAST.
It’s sweet, but not too sweet, and also has the requisite crispiness and crunchiness my Cereal Lovers demand. And of course, let’s not forget: CHOCOLATE. This new Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate is made with REAL cocoa for a really crazy-delicious chocolate taste. There is no downside here.
Happily, my guys quickly embraced the flavor and texture and chocolatiness (<–is that a word? It totally should be) of the new Post Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate. So much so, that they agreed to have me try out this fabulous recipe for Chocolate Coconut Macaroons. #winning
CHOCOLATE COCONUT MACAROONS RECIPE
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal, lightly crushed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar and salt until very frothy. Fold in coconut and cereal until moistened.
- Drop mixture into 2 inch rounds on prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Dip bottom part of macaroons into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set.
“I’m going to bake this afternoon. What do you think of some tasty Chocolate Coconut Macaroons?”
I think the answer was, “Yes, please.” I don’t know for sure because it sounded more like, “Resh, peesh.” Also good for snacking? Check.
Thanks, Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate. I think we have a winner here.