That was the headline of a recent article in the New York Times.
A dear Cuban friend texted me that headline and asked, "Why are we so special?"
I don't think she was really trying to start a political conversation because she knows me so well, but that's not important right now.
I responded with, "Because we can dance and have great butts."
And that's how the crazy began…
I decided to have some fun with this today. (Thank you, Carrie for sharing your Cubanity with me.)
Here are 10 ways Cubans are special:
1) We can make great flan.
2) We know how to curse colorfully.
3) We can fix anything with duct tape.
4) We know the secret healing powers of Vicks VapoRub.
5) We make beautiful babies that smell of violets.
6) We have sexy hair.
7) We smell really good.
8) Our full-of-sh*tness is endearing.
9) Everyone we meet is a friend.
10) Our abuelas are amazing characters.
Now it's your turn.
Why are we Cubans so special?
(Note: If you start going political, I will assume you have no sense of humor and I will be forced to delete your comment. Ya tu sabes.)