- My mom calls him "Cerebrito" or "Little Brain."
- He doesn’t let anyone, except his immediate family, call him Jon.
- He prefers Jonathan.
- He is a thinker of deep thoughts.
- He has an extraordinary sense of humor.
- He is intensely focused when he is building with his Legos.
- We sometimes call him "Captain Distraction."
- He will be turning 11 in just one month.
This evening while he and Lucy were at the rehearsal for their Christmas play, I snuck off to go Christmas shopping. The closest Lego shop to us is at Downtown Disney. For Lego lovers, it is like Mecca.
It is there that I found this:
The Trifecta of Christmas Gift Perfection for my soon-to-be-11-year-old.
I left Lego Mecca with the giant shopping bag in one hand and a smug smile on my face. Well… after I took pictures of the giant Darth Vader standing under the enormous giraffe.
I confess. I LOVE LEGOS, too.
Don’t mention that to Jon, though. He doesn’t really think it’s appropriate for mom to get involved in things like this. After all…"It’s a guy thing." (secretly, I can’t wait to get my hands on the thing)
So… if I’m the complete opposite of "cool," does that make me "hot?"
(didn’t think so.)