As we're nearing the holiday countdown and making all the preparations, I'm all about making lists.
I have a book with the following lists:
- My Christmas List
- My Crema de Vie Recipient List
- My Menu List
- My Grocery Shopping List
- My Stocking Stuffer List
- My Christmas Card List
- My Decorating List
- My Christmas Tag List (The to/from kind)
- My Video List (I'll explain this another time)
And on it goes.
As I was reviewing my Grocery Shopping List, I realized that all of my holiday meals involve rice. Talk about a staple in the Cuban home! Growing up, we had rice at every meal. Every meal, people. We Cubans are nothing, if not committed to our rice.
And obviously our Nochebuena celebration is not complete without perfectly cooked white rice. Am I right?
What else, I ask you, would so beautifully prop up our perfect Cuban black beans? (Can you hear that Angelic Chorus?)
Just in time for Christmas I have partnered with my friends at IMUSA USA to bring you an awesome giveaway.
The Perfect Rice Cooker from IMUSA USA. Ta-da! You can also make any of your favorite "arroz con _____" in it.
To enter the drawing for a chance to win this beautiful IMUSA 5 Cup Rice (and Multi-purpose) Cooker, please leave a comment on this post and answer one or all of the following questions:
- Did your family serve rice for every meal?
- What else will you be serving with your Christmas Rice? ;-)
- What's your Nochebuena and/or Christmas menu?
- What's your favorite "arroz con ______"?
I'll do a random drawing on Sunday, December 18th at 8 pm Pacific Time.