I'm pleased to tell you that I've been included to take part in a series of Cooking Challenges by Holland House® and Mizkan® along with several other Latina bloggers.
The first challenge was to use one of many Holland House products to create A Latino 4th of July on the Grill. To be honest, Eric is the Grill-meister around here. I am just Hero Support. What to do?
Eric: “I'll grill the steak and you should make that awesome Cuban chimichurri sauce of yours.”
Me: “Are you referring to my Chimichurri Dipping Sauce of Awesomeness®?”
So I began with the Holland House White Wine Vinegar…..
and the rest…..is Awesomeness. 😉
So, for your 4th of July Grilling pleasure – Cuban style….
Chimichurri Dipping Sauce Recipe of Awesomeness®
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves (or Italian Parsley)
- 8 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1/4 cup Holland House White Wine Vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 3 Tbsp. oregano
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients EXCEPT the olive oil in blender or food processor and pulse to a thick mixture. (Do not over-process!)
- Remove from processor and whisk in olive oil – very important!
- Add salt and pepper liberally.
- Serve over fresh grilled steak or use as a dipping sauce for bread.
WARNING: Chimichurri Dipping Sauce of Awesomeness® is highly addicting. Don't say I didn't warn you. =D