I have often described myself as a Lover of Words. Just as often, I self-describe as a Lover of Cuban Food. Also, I'm a Serial List Maker.
Just recently, all those worlds collided in my creative brain and the resulting explosion was this Cuban poster...
Words + Cuban Food = Comida Cubana to create a subway style Cuban poster! I know. The whole thing kind of blows your mind, right? The finished poster is 20" x 30" and it's quite suitable for framing. (Note: The red water mark at the bottom is not on the finished poster.)
And, yes, I made it myself. *insert self-congratulations here*
I'm selling this beauty for just $38 + shipping & handling.
If you're interested in a more unique one-of-a-kind gift, consider a custom subway art piece, like the following.
I made this one for my husband, Eric. These are his very favorite surf spots in California. Pretty sweet, no? I just casually asked him "So, Honey... what are your favorite surf spots?" and I made this piece with the information he gave me. It hangs at the top of the stairs in our home and he totally loves me for it. (Win!)
A friend and her husband recently celebrated their 37th wedding anniversary and I created this one based on words and places that are meaningful to the two of them. I especially love the map coordinates at the top which signified a place where they used to meet when they were courting. Don't you love it?
This is a gift from one sister to another. It doesn't make much sense to me, but really, that's the point. I'm particularly curious about the stealing rhubarb line, but that's not important right now. She also mentioned to me that their mom had a thing for owls, so I created one and included it in the finished piece. They both fell in love with it.
If you'd like a custom subway art poster created by me, especially for you, with your own special words, I charge $87. plus shipping & handling.
It works like this:
1) The Design. You come up with about 12 -15 personal words or phrases that represent that special thing, event, anniversary, relationship, etc.
- Your favorite places to vacation.
- The things you love to do together.
- The pet names you have for each other.
- The addresses of all the places you've lived in your life.
- Your family's favorite things.
- Special places you visit regularly.
- All the birthdays and anniversaries in your family. (Numbers add an especially compelling look and feel to the design.)
- The possibilities are endless!
2) Payment. I prefer to be paid via Paypal. It's the best and most secure way for both of us. There's a "notes" box in the payment form where you can type in your special words for the art.
3) The Comp. I will come up with a creative way of putting those words together - it's kind of like a puzzle - and email you a comp. Comp is design talk for "a preview of what the finished thing will look like."
3) Your One-of-a-Kind Subway Art by Marta Original. I'll ship the finished 20" x 30" custom poster, suitable for framing in a mailing tube to the address of your choice in the U.S. only. (Sorry, rest of the world.)So, what are you waiting for?
Comida Cubana Subway Style Cuban Poster by Marta - $38.00 (+shipping & handling)
Custom One-of-a-Kind Subway Art by Marta - With the words of YOUR CHOICE. - $87.00 (+shipping & handling)