I love summer. I love that the days are so long and that everyone I know seems to be wanting to eat outdoors.
We were invited to a barbecue last week. "Can you bring some kind of Cuban-style appetizer?"
I usually get asked to bring some kind of Cuban-style dessert and then I usually make pastelitos for a crowd (See Pastelitos for 100 for Free recipe card download). Being on the other end of the dinner menu made me happy, plus I realized I hadn't really ever shared my Black Bean Dip Recipe.
You're sooo going to love me.
Cuban Style Black Bean Dip
- 1 can black beans - 29 oz, drained
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (I recently found St. Lucas Avocado Oil with Garlic which I love.)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh limes - juiced
- Sazón Goya Completo - 2 envelopes
- 1 can diced mild green chiles - 4 oz.
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) Drain the beans.
2) Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
3) Serve with plantain strips.
4) Don't forget to blush appropriately and take the complements graciously.
5) Practice saying, "Oh, it was nothing."