The Glass is Half-Full
My family and I are on vacation this week.
And I confess that I was going to skip posting a recipe (Shut up. I know!) because I was busy preparing what I’d take and planning what we would do.
But then, I started thinking of summer…
I started thinking about how I’m going to slowly savor that giant stack of books I have been saving.
See? I can’t even stop with the food metaphors for one post, but that’s not important right now.
I started thinking sandals and sunscreen.
Long walks on the beach and amazing sunsets.
Barbecuing every night and . . .
Batidos de Mamey!
You can take the Cuban mom out of the kitchen….
Batido de Mamey Recipe
- One 14 oz. pkg. Frozen Mamey Pulp (Goya makes a good one)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- About 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1/4 to 1/2-cup sugar (add to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1) Throw everything in a blender.
2) Puree for about a minute or two or until it's all frothy and smooth and...