I’m a world-class list maker.
I make grocery lists, things-to-do lists, and lists of chores. I have lists of books I want to read and movies I want to watch.
I have lists of places I want to visit and emails I need to answer.
I just put my Cuban uncle on a plane this afternoon and to be honest, I’m a little wiped out.
As I sat down just now to blog, what kept running through my brain was the following list:
In the past three weeks I have:
– cooked dozens of meals.
– done twelve loads of laundry.
– spoken more Spanish than usual.
– put hundreds of miles on my new car.
– taken over one thousand pictures.
– met a former presidential candidate.
– packed a picnic.
– taken a ferry.
– been to Disneyland.
– seen the Hollywood sign.
– made travel reservations.
– toured a vineyard.
– visited a mission.
– bought produce from street vendors.
– made pastelitos de guayaba four (!) times.
– had a birthday party.
– driven up and down the coast.
– taken a train.
– had dozens of people in my home.
– sent and received tons of text messages.
– made a photo album.
– fertilized my roses.
– designed a picket fence. (which my fabulous husband is in the process of building, but that’s not important right now.)
– co-hosted a podcast.
– been through airport security. (that’s a story for another day…)
– blogged intermittently. (thanks, Amy! =D)
– not been alone for more than ten minutes (or the time it takes me to shower) Wait… was that an over-share?
Eric has graciously taken the kids to a movie tonight so I can be alone.
I’m feeling very satisfied with all that we’ve done and I feel confident we showed my uncle a great time.
But, to be honest, I’m also feeling a little over-exposed and in need of a cafécito.
See what I mean? 😉