As if my blog wasn’t already full of random and useless facts about me, I’ve been tagged by sweet Annie.
And of course, I had to do an entire scrapbook page. Instead of eight random facts, I wrote five because that worked better with this layout. =D
(and truthfully, it was a no-brainer because I had already done it – this is from a class I did last year with Cathy Z.)
1) ~ I still think in Spanish on many occasions. I have to translate what I want to say or do into English. This all happens in my head. Sometimes I cannot for the life of me remember the English word for what I’m thinking. But I don’t have an accent in either language. (now I’m wondering if the forgetfulness is more the product of my age…maybe there’s even a name for it – Bilingual Dementia??)
2) ~ When I find myself in uncomfortable situations, I count. I just start counting quietly in my head until it calms me down. I think it must be a form of reassuring myself that the discomfort won’t last. (and because sucking my thumb would be way too obvious.)
3) ~ I love to cook. I’m a wonderful and super messy cook. I absolutely hate cleaning up after myself. It’s not fair, I know. I don’t even clean up as I go. (I know there is a way to do this, but it escapes me completely) I don’t put things away or rinse things out as I am through using them. (whatever you’re thinking now, don’t even say it! =D)
4) ~ I will not watch scary movies. NEVER. They scare me and they don’t entertain me at all. I will not budge on this. Not tempted in any way to ever watch scary movies. I like light comedies or well written action/drama. Movies are fun for me. I won’t spoil it for myself by being freaked out.
5) ~ When I eat a Hershey’s Kiss, I never EVER bite into it. I take my time and just suck on it until it starts to disappear and then I introduce another Kiss and continue the same "melts in your mouth" process. I do this with about five kisses until they’re all completely gone. (I’m aware that I mixed my candy slogans there, but you get the picture)
There they are. Five of my (bizillion!) quirky qualities.
I feel so vulnerable now. [sigh.] 😉